To use a credit from an unflown flight, simply book your new flight on Flyfrontier.com. Once you reach the payment screen, select "Credit with Frontier" and enter the confirmation code from the original booking (six characters, a combination of letters & numbers) for the credit.
- Credits are not redeemable for cash.
- Credits are most often issued with a 90-day redemption period and must be redeemed prior to the expiration date. However, travel can be booked as far out as Frontier’s published schedule allows (use a credit that expires this month to book travel departing in 6 months). Based upon the terms and conditions, extensions are not allowed.
- Credits from a reservation that purchased The Works expire in one (1) year from date of issue.
- Credits may not cover the entire value of the purchase. Any remaining balance due must be paid by the customer with credit card.
- Credits are non-transferable and may only be redeemed in the name of the passenger to whom it was issued.
- The name on the new reservation using the credit must match the old reservation exactly.